The Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center will host Project Censored Director, Mickey Huff, and Media Freedom Foundation President, Peter Philips, as they present an expose of the top censored stories of 2011. The event is scheduled for Friday, April 15, at 7 p.m., at the Mt. Diablo Peace & Justice Center, 55 Eckley Lane, Walnut Creek.
Some of the stories Huff and Philips will discuss include:
1. Global Plans to Replace the Dollar
2. US Department of Defense is the Worst Polluter on the Planet
3. Internet Privacy and Personal Access at Risk
4. ICE Operates Secret Detention and Courts
5. Blackwater (Xe): The Secret US War in Pakistan
A suggested donation for the meeting is $12 for the general public, $9 for Peace Center and MDUUC members, $5 for students. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Wheelchair accessible. The book version of Project Censored 2011 will be available for purchase at the meeting.