As Democrats, we know the importance of being informed voters. Bring Your Ballot to our October 11th Discussion and Endorsements of the Propositions on the November Ballot
7:00 to 9:00 PM Lafayette Library and Learning Center
Meet Our Local Democratic Candidates
Join us in meeting democratic candidates running for State Assembly, local school boards, city councils, county seats and other elected positions. All members will be asked to vote on endorsing candidates.
Meeting starts at 7:00 PM at the Lafayette Library and Learning Center. Free for members, suggested $5.00 donation for non-members.
1. Assemble your team of 5 or 6 Dems, or feel free to fly solo. We’ll put together teams on the spot, too.
2. The trivia questions will favor knowledge of current politics. Likely categories include: From Russia WithLove, Humpty Trumpty, Pence on the Fence, Do the Local-Motion.
3. If you’ve already assembled a team, come up with a team name. Sorry, “The Stable Geniuses” is already taken.
4. RSVP very soon! We have a limited number of tables, and word got out that last year’s event was REALLY fun with cool prizes like the Trump Troll and Democratic donkey socks. First come, first served!
5. Nancy-the-Bartender makes delicious frozen Margaritas — just the ticket on a hot August night. We’ll also have complimentary wine and beer and tasty bites.
6. Donations from this year’s event will benefit the Lamorinda Democratic Club American Dream 2019 Scholarship. The suggested donation is $20 per person or $100 for a table of 5 or 6.
7. Spread the word! Compete as a family, a group of friends, colleagues, neighbors, or
representatives of your favorite political or activist organization. Young Dems, Diablo Valley Dems, Tri-Valley Dems, bring it on!
8. Meet new friends, reunite with old chums, become informed, and play an important part in supporting our scholarship fund. Compete for prizes and a chance to have your team name on our fancy perpetual trophy.
RSVP at HotAugTrivia@gmail.com
Families Belong Together Rally
10 am – 1 pm
Todos Santos Plaza, Concord
Join us on June 30 to send a clear message to Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress: Families Belong Together!
This is a peaceful, non-violent, family-friendly gathering to hold signs and protest the separation and detainment of children from their parents at the border. This event will be about visibility and adding one more city to the number of cities who stood up to say “No, we are not okay with this.” We welcome drummers, musicians, artist and poetry to help set the mood of this event. Join together in making our voices heard! Please help lead the way to a brighter future for the children of the world!
What should I bring?
Yourself and five friends! These are family-friendly events. This event is wheelchair accessible.
Please register at:
Also, feel free to bring a homemade sign with a message like:
Keep Families Together
La Families Merecen Estar Unidas
Families Belong Together
Familias Unidas No Divididas
The lead partners of this action are calling upon participants to wear WHITE—as a STRIKING VISUAL SYMBOL that will also connect attendees in solidarity to each-other and channel historic social justice movements unified by one color of clothing. We believe if we can get a significant portion of the crowd to wear white, it will provide a compelling image for the media coverage and to capture the public’s imagination.
From: Families Belong Together – Concord