During last night's Lamorinda Democratic Club meeting, California Nurses Association/National Nurses United Director of Public Policy for California Michael Lighty shared information about the Main Street Contract for America.
The Main Street Contact seeks to promote policies that will ensure:
- Jobs at living wages, reinvesting in America.
- Equal access to quality, public education.
- Guaranteed healthcare for all.
- A secure retirement, with the ability to retire in dignity.
- Good housing and protection from hunger.
- A safe, clean, and healthy environment.
- A just taxation system where corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share.
The LDC's Issues and Endorsements Committee will be reviewing a resolution of support for the effort for possible consideration by the club at a future meeting.
At the end of his presentation, Lighty shared the following video which highlights the New Face of America, one where the interests of Wall Street have overtaken those of Main Street.